Friday, May 11, 2012

More fun to share this week!  (Can you tell that I'm not working this week?  I've been doing some freelance writing to make a little extra money, and although it's a great opportunity, it's tedious work that requires a lot of time.  This week, I'm between assignments, and it has been SOOO nice!  Finally our house is relatively organized and tidy, and the girls and I have had lots of time for playgrounds, and swimming pools and picnics and chalk on the driveway, etc... We're having our own little stay-cation until I pick up either more writing, or a new job altogether.  So on that note...here's yet another post this week!)

Yesterday the girls got to see their Omi!  She was home from her trip to Canada.  She left again today to meet up with Opa in California.  Lucky for us, we got to see her for dinnner last night before she left.  After dinner we went to "Opa's favorite restaurant" as Lydia calls it... Braums!  Lydia recently has taken an interest in ice cream!  She never wanted to try it before, but we went to Braums for Opa's birthday last week and now she's all about it!  Consequently, Molly loves ice cream and has never doubted its greatness for one second.  Opa shared a lot of his with her on his birthday...so nice of him.
Here's Lydia and Omi last night!
























Last weekend we went to Chili's (followed by Braums, as I mentioned) to celebrate Opa's birthday.  We brought cupcakes for him (ok...they were really for us) and while the girls both liked them.... Molly REALLY liked hers and ate every bit that didn't fall onto the floor.


Last week we had a couple of very hot days, so I dragged out the inflatable pool.  I don't have those pictures handy at the moment, but I'll post them soon.

No comments: